Monday, May 3, 2010

Empty House

As I walked into the house I began to see that it was empty and bare,It was cold and drab to be in the midst of.It's appearance at first sight was a little run down and rough around the edges.As I sat and starred, I knew this house could be something great with a little love and care.I picked up my cleaning supplies and began to clean the inside,During this cleaning process I began to see the inside come to life.It's walls began to sparkle and the floor's began to shine.There was now a sweet smelling aroma flowing throughout the house.I began to see it's potential.Later that day I began to fill the house with furniture and equip it with all it's basic needs.I could not wait to decorate it walls so that it lacked nothing.In the end I sat back with great joy and looked at the house that was once empty,bare and cold,that house did not exist no longer.The latter house in all it's glory was indeed greater than the former house.Through this parable I believe,"We should never judge a book by it's cover."If God is in the midst of changing, He will finish it just like this house.We however need to give it tender love in care.

1 comment: