Thursday, May 6, 2010

This little light of mine

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.I remember those words to that old childhood song. It felt as if I had just sang it yesterday.I ventured off into my mind letting those words penetrate deep within my heart; It was there I found myself in a place as a very young child encountering my first experience with the Lord.What an incredible night this would turn out to be, so many many years ago. I began to go back to that place where it all started.I was walking down this cold,dark road that I had never been on before trying to find my way home.I could feel the presence of evil lurking all around me as I continued to walk. It felt as if it would never end.I was very frightened, I continued walking. I began to see people ahead in the distance standing on both sides of the walk way.I knew I had to get through, I began to call upon the Lord in prayer!"Lord,Lord help me I cried."I am so frightened,I do not know what to do.Unexpectedly something fell upon me that I shall never forget.It was His magnificent presence.My heart began to beat in accordance with Him,I was not afraid anymore.I knew He was with me.I had great joy within my heart. I began to sing praises to His name boldly. A candle light appeared that night and shinned in my path.I was now approaching those whom had been watching me.As our eyes locked and met for a brief moment, I began to sing, "This little light of mine,I'm gonna let it shine,Let it shine,Let it shine,Let it shine."I began skipping away fast through the light that God had set before me,before I knew it the light had led me straight home.I thank you Lord Jesus for this moment when I was only a 10 year old girl,I take this experience with me today as if it were back then, In it's fullness and meaning over my life.We start on that dark road but when we call upon Your name,You are a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path.Emanuel,"God with us."

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful~!
    That is still one of my favorite songs!
    Won't let satan blow it out NO I'm gonna let it shine!

    ReplyDelete